Friday, October 5, 2018

BULLYING EXCERPTS ~ BIBLE STUDY AT STONE SCHOOL ~ (6 years)

"Open the bible up at the beginning and start to read Genesis and read it quietly to yourselves.", said Mr. Graham, the Head Master. "I'm going out for a few minutes and then I'll be back and ask questions on what you've read."

     It was the most boring book I had ever read. All anyone seemed to do was BEGAT! Abraham begat this wife who in turn begat a son who grew up and begat a wife. After a bit more 'begating' they they in turn begat a daughter who in turn grew up to begat a husband that  begat 3 sons who begat 10 children who begat and begat and begat!
     Just then I begat a great idea. I noticed that if I opened the book right in the middle and slammed it together real fast it made an incredible deep popping sound. Now bible study was taking on a new dimension!
     In the beginning God created sound...BANG!  I'd slam the pages shut. I started making an experiment with music. According to the speed and pressure I slammed the pages together, the bible made different popping vibrations. Then, I discovered that by opening it off center, it made a different sort of vibration. I told my friend in the seat next to me what I'd discovered but he wasn't interested. He was more interested in 'begating'.
     Next, I discovered that the bible was a very powerful book. It could actually fly! I put the bible on the edge of the desk, right in the middle so the  balance was perfect. Once this was done I moved my chair back into position so I had plenty of room. Then, I brought my fist crashing down on the end overhanging the desk. WHALLOP! The bible shot up in the air spinning around as it went. After a few good whallops this way, I discovered that if I put the bible off center, meaning  more on the desk-side and then gave it another good whallop it flew even higher in the air and spun around faster.
     Now, the hard part was yet to be worked out. How to catch the bible with one hand. Depending on how hard I hit it and how much overhang I gave it depended on how many times it would spin around in mid air.
     I'd worked out how to catch it with 2 hands then with just the right hand. I was still trying to master the left-hand when Mr. Graham walked back into the room from behind me. He obviously had been standing behind me for some time watching me. As he passed my desk, he said to me,
"That's very clever Swindells. How long did it take you to work that out?"
"Not long Sir.", I sez. "See, it depends on the overhang and how hard..."
"Don't bother explaining it to me. I can see for myself. Oh, by the way, go into my drawer and get my size 11 pump shoe for me would you?"
"Yes Sir!", I sez. 'This is going to be fun', I thought. 'Somebody must be going to get his size 11 right across the backside. That's probably why he went out of the room. Somebody in one of the other classes must have been cheeky to a teacher or something.
     He kept  his size 11 Pump in the bottom of his right-hand drawer. I opened the drawer and pulled it out. It was massive and very flexible. It was white and the laces had been removed.
'Whoever wore this must have had big feet.', I thought.
     I closed the drawer and ran back over to him. Handing it to him with a smile I said,
"Here's you are sir. Your shoe. Is someone going to get it Sir?"
"Yes they are.", he sez. "Come with me a minute."
'Oh good.', I thought. 'He's going to let me watch. This will be great fun.'
     As we passed a big black table that had been pushed against the side wall, he turned to me and said,
"Bend over that table boy!"
     I couldn't believe my ears so I said to him,
"Who me Sir?"
"Yes, you boy! Now bend over and don't get up until I tell you!"
     The smile on my face was now gone. it had  been replaced by the shock of realization that he was not joking.
"Come on, hurry up boy. Bend over!"
     There was no choice. I laid across the table waiting in the totally silent room. The first thing I heard was this loud 'whacking' sound. The next thing I felt was an incredible burning, stinging pain across the back of my bum.
'Oh shit! That hurt!', I thought.
     There was a gap of about 4 seconds and then 'BANG'. I felt the same sensation and heard the same sound only this time it felt worse as my bum was still stinging from the first one. It seemed like he was never going to stop. After six whacks with that size 11 shoe, I couldn't stand still. My body was shaking  and my hands were trembling. After 3 more whacks, I'd already made up my mind not to cry and let him see he'd hurt me. As I stood up and looked in his face, he had a grin on his lips. Then he said,
"Now go and sit at your desk!"
     My mind was totally silent. I stood there looking into his eyes. Then I heard myself tell him with the voice of silence,
'One day Graham, you will be very sorry you did that. No matter where you go in this life I will find you. Then it will be my turn!'
     With that, I went back to my desk. The pain across the  back of my bum was unimaginable. As I tried to sit down on the chair, burning pains shot down the backs of my legs and up the center of my back.
     It took about one week before I could sit down without thinking about it. The bruising on mi bum took much longer to to. The scarring to my heart took 40 years to heal.


No comments: